Programs & Events
Caddo Parish Parks and Recreation Department sponsors and hosts a wide variety of recreation programming year round to meet the needs of all citizens.
Public Programs & Events
Check the Parks & Recreation Calendar to see all upcoming programs. You will find something for everyone from archery and fishing programs to edible plants walks to monthly storytimes.
Annual Festivals and Special Events
- Owl Night-Saturday nearest Valentine's Day, Walter B Jacobs Memorial Nature Park
- Get Hooked on Fishing-4th Saturday in June, Earl G Williams Park
- Bugs, Bats, & Bones-Saturday before Halloween, Walter B Jacobs Memorial Nature Park
- Art in the Park-1st Saturday in November, Walter B Jacobs Memorial Nature Park
- Christmas on the Caddo-1st Saturday in December, Earl G Williams Park
Programs, Field Trips or Birthday Parties by Request
Walter B Jacobs Memorial Nature Park offers environmental education programs for individuals, families, schools, daycares, homeschool groups, scouts, community organizations, assisted living facilities, and birthday parties. Programs can be held at the Nature Park or at your site.
Programs are free of charge and are scheduled by request on a first come, first served basis.
For more information or to schedule a program please select one of the links below:
Meet the Program Staff
Park Naturalist Hulya Onel
Hulya has a B.S in Field and Organismal Biology from Louisiana State University in Shreveport. Hulya is a certified Wildlife Rehabilitator. She also has a B.A. in English Literature from Bosphorus University in Istanbul, Turkey. Her special interest is oil painting and teaching English as a second language.
Education Coordinator Stacy Gray
Stacy has a B.S in Environmental Studies from the University of North Carolina at Asheville. Stacy is a Certified Environmental Educator with a special interest in Early Childhood Development.