Parks & Recreation
SUMMER 2020 Programs and Activities
Updated August 10, 2020, under Phase 2 of Reopening Guidelines:
- The Parks and Recreation office will be OPEN Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- All Parish public parks (green space, trails, walking paths, and restrooms) will be OPEN daily during normal operating hours, from 6:00am – 9:00pm with the exception of Walter B. Jacobs Nature Park.
- Walter B. Jacobs Nature Park will be OPEN Wednesday – Saturday from 8am – 5pm and on Sunday 1pm – 5pm.
- Walter B. Jacobs Nature Park-Visitors Center will remain CLOSED to the public.
- All playgrounds at Parish parks will remain CLOSED until further notice.
- All boat ramps will be OPEN to fishermen 24 hours a day.
- Special events and gathering in parks are PROHIBITED.
- The following changes to the policies and procedures for campground operations at Earl G. Williamson Park will be implemented beginning June 5 until further notice. These changes have been made to follow Phase 2 of Louisiana’s reopening plan, CDC guidelines on social distances, and industry best practices:
· Campsites are first come, first served. Reservations are not accepted..
· Length of stay will be limited to 7 days, with 7 days between return visits.
· Payment can be made by cash, check, or money order using envelopes and drop box at campground office.
· All campsites at Earl G. Williamson Park are available for rental. Both tent and RV camping is permitted.
· Campers will adhere to all safety guidelines pertaining to hygiene and social distance. Social distancing and hygiene/cleaning protocols will be strictly monitored by on-site camp hosts.
· Camp Host reserves the right to remove any person(s) violating these or any Caddo Parish park policies and/or ordinances