The Finance Department is responsible for all the financial operations of the Parish and consists of the following divisions.
The Accounting Division functions include:
- Collection and custody of all funds due to the Parish Disbursement of funds from the Parish treasury in accordance with applicable laws and budgetary restraints
- Maintenance of a centralized accounting system utilizing nationally accepted standards
- Provide assistance to the Parish Administrator in the preparation of the Annual Operating and Capital Improvement Budget
- Timely payment of principal and interest on Parish indebtedness
- Prudent investment of all Parish funds
- Preparation of monthly statements of revenues and expenditures
- Preparation of Parish payrolls and timely accounting for all employment taxes and deductions
- Maintenance of public records
- Application and accounting for federal and state grants
- Preparation and publication of the annual audited financial report
- Preparation of all regulatory and credit rating reports
- Issuance of all parish business licenses
The Purchasing Division strives to acquire the highest quality supplies and services at the lowest cost. You will find doing business with the Parish easy. Most purchases are made through a comprehensive system of specifications and competitive bidding. This process ensures that contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder who complies with the specifications, terms and conditions, and who also has the capability to deliver the service or product in a timely manner.
The Information Systems Division is responsible for the selection, installation, operation and maintenance of all Information Systems and Software.